Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A before and after message

Before: Damn you, Caroline Williams, for getting me to sign up to this Marcothon thing. I have already run four marathons in eight days this month, with another to come on Sunday, to finish my ‘2012 in 2012’ challenge. I’m knackered and the last thing I want to do is to go out in the cold again this evening. I just want a day off running to vegetate and eat chocolate. You’ve already made me run – in the dark, in the wet, in the cold – on at least three occasions this month when I wouldn’t have done otherwise. And I’ve hated you every time I’ve had to do so!

After: Bless you, Caroline Williams, for getting me to sign up to this Marcothon thing. I have already run four marathons in eight days this month, with another to come on Sunday, to finish my ‘2012 in 2012’ challenge. I’m knackered and the last thing I wanted to do was to go out in the cold again this evening. I just wanted a day off running to vegetate and eat chocolate. You’ve already made me run – in the dark, in the wet, in the cold – on at least three occasions this month when I wouldn’t have done otherwise. And I’ve felt better every time for doing so!

No comments:

Post a Comment